Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcoming 2009

A very Happy New Year to all..and me..

It was a special New Year's eve celebration this time, alone at my place in Madurai. I did the small things that I felt like doing - from wearing the clothes i havent worn since my France visit, enjoying watching kids performing in a dance competition in my colony, dancing to some of my favorite numbers, reading " The Fountainhead", attending phone calls(some from unexpected people)and cutting a cake at the exact moment of the clock chimming 12.

But I think the best thing about ushering in this new year was the reminiscing I did, and how it made me feel- The difference between the New Year eve of 2007, 2008 and now 2009- from the overwhelming feeling of loss and pain to an unsaid unwritten but purely felt joy - not with the world around but the world within, the realisation of something about myself which I had never expected or credited myself to possess in this intensity- strength-conceivable in all possible dimensions and expressions.

It had nothing to do with a better future being expected, but the absolute realisation of today's existence and the sheer human capacity to live both by seizing the moment: CARPE DIEM

I just pray this graph continues with the same slope...in my mind at least... :)

1 comment:

Rakesh said...

wow.. Rahul was right after all.. u were too philosophical at New Years...