Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The first penned thoughts

Months of brooding depression
Living with only An impression
The voice, the touch, the sheer presence
Whatever was spoken and its essence

Nothing seems to die down in the heart
I can’t even figure out its very start

Every object reminds me of him
A song, a place, a photo becomes a pain
Hope keeps struggling with the truth of fact
Memories complicate the present with the past

Nothing seems to die down in the heart
I can’t even figure out its very start

Love I never thought I was capable of
Big words: Loyalty, Devotion and thereof
Ideas of Romanticism all that were
Never thought a man could fit with them there

But I did fall in love as I call it
Found it through friendship as I knew it
Ended up with such a big Investment
Every sinew still cries Commitment

Nothing seems to die down in the heart
I can’t even figure out its very start

The bane of loving without reciprocation
Yet that exists with no replication
When Friendship is lost and all communication
It’s alive in my soul, beyond comprehension


Nothing seems to die down in the heart
I can’t even figure out its very start

But living alone for a while now
I have gotten used to that fate somehow
New melodies have begun to attract me
And lives of other people occupy me

I want to bring love back in my life
Someone who’s meant to be by my side
I am ready for a risk again
Hoping to find a balm to my pain

Yes, Nothing seems to die down in the heart
I can’t even figure out its very start
But how does it matter
I can faintly hear my heart singing
One ending’s enough for another beginning

Created on 12/18/2007 8:44:00 PM

And begin it did, I took the risk again
But what a balm was it to my pain!
A friendship between people so alike
That blossomed well and everything felt so right

Something seemed to be born in my very heart
Yet I couldn’t figure again when it did start

From brief talks to long discussions
Every topic somehow became a conversation
What kept getting longer were our phone sessions
And those hourly updates with the S-M-S function

Something seemed to be born in my heart
I couldn’t figure out its very start


But as the famous saying goes "Somethings never change"
Be it my luck or the pain of being again alone
To relive any such experience seems dreadful now
And yet voices in my head shout aloud
Parents, friends, relatives who do not know
That a relationship is as scary as desirable for me now...

Wish could turn back time and change
The past that lurks loomingly on the safety of the present
And someday live the dreams I cherished
Find love, that lasts and grows by the day.................

The rest Created on 20/04/2008 7:00 PM




2 comments:

A Random Traveler said...

In the vast expanse of emotions
I see people of all shapes and sizes
With faces painted of artificial smiles
With the eyes quesitoning their own existence
Painful loneliness sediments in the bottom of every heart...


Another citizen of solace and melancholy.

Saanjh said...

Beautiful .. U so live upto ur last name shividi .. here a school junior of urs whos in the same frame of mind as brought on so beautifully in the first part of the poem ... it was cathartic , to find the words swarming my head in print ..