Friday, March 6, 2009

The Mail-box memories

With the intention of finding some document, I started looking through some of my really old mails in gmail, when I chanced upon some mail written while we (Dada,Pandeji,Jai,Manghani and I)were planning for some trip during exchange- the october of 2006. One mail lead to another, as I read every single of them, going from Oldest>>Newer one after the other.Of bookings made in hostels of Europe to back at MDI, to the more painful post-MDI mails.


Truly, going down memory lane felt like a roller coaster ride, where tears,a big content smile and a hearty laugh were punctuated freely one after the other.Mails from friends, now so distant,some geographically,some emotionally,transporting me to a time and place where there were no distances, when there was no such realisation of a future so different.Words that spoke of bonds so beautifully made during those days- the "exchange experience" and the special close-knit circle(and innumerable truth and dare sessions) it resulted in,the simple innocent expressions of a genuine friend(and I was thrilled when Harshit called today and we could reminisce that),the post MDI mail fever between Cutu(Neetisha) n Billu(thats me) and the life at MDI so perfectly summarised in Rohit's poem "Yaad ata hai mujhko" (wish I had the copyright to post it here!).

If there was one moment given to me at the present, to talk to God, I know what I would want to thank him/her for...as for now, I shall contend myself by expressing sincere gratitude to the makers of email and the immense "memory" it lends :)