Sunday, June 1, 2008

From there to here...

As i was flipping channels, i saw that Sony is showing "Mohabbatein" ...2000 it was I guess when I was in XIth and this movie was released..as I did for most movies, I dragged my family into watching it 2nd day 3rd show,poor dad of mine, slept through the movie which he found as stupid as it could get, while I sat at the edge of my seat absorbing all the Yash Choprian ideal of romance and magic..college life and love...the dream-iness of it all that subconsciously fed my "idea of love and life"....How I used to gorge on Jane Austen books and Yash Chopra/Karan Johar movies (not that i dont do it now) innocently adding those ideas and "happy endings" into the grey cells of my brain that kept further sharpening the contours of the image of love i had in my heart.....
And eight years down the line, how facetious things seem...the movie appears as a cut out from a Puppy Romance pulp fiction with each page marked by flying dead leaves and "mohabbat gyaan" being lashed out!! And definitely the movie is the same the dialogues are the ones i had memorised(and somehow still remember- this is how memory plays tricks on you by remembering the inessential always) only "I" have changed...come a long way from the adoloscent belief in true love, happy endings and mushy romance..a long way from mushy romances and "made for each other" convictions...a long way..or Have I ??????????

No comments: