Thursday, June 26, 2008

Setting up a ghar(or as Karan Johar would call it "Makan")

For once I could feel the import of the words Deepti (fondly called Pandeji) had once mentioned: I wish to get married so much from the fact that my expenses could be shared :)Bemused as some would be who have not faced this - I would remember this time of moving into a place,as quite an experience, purchasing small necessities to larger durables- things for the house that I am supposed to transform into a "ghar from makan" to justify to my mind that I am creating a work-"life" balance, or a semblance of it. With Mom being there last week, to set up things and make me want to come home after work (although there seems to be no "after" work in Sales),I was able to delay the acceptance of the staying alone reality of my job.But when yesterday I walked into my house in the morning, that hollowness almost choked me.So much so that a mere 5 days visit of my Mom made her presence such a logical and natural expectation of my heart,such that sleepy headed me still recognised my lone toothbrush in the holder and was jerked into my current reality.

Though there is absolutely no end to the work I have, and actually to write this post I have decided to postpone some of it to the morn of tomorrow,it is just what sums up all the small minutes that result in another day gone from my month (thats the classical way a Sales person thinks).Added to that is my stint at a superwomanly act by doing everything myself be it washing,cleaning house, cooking all times..woops..while I write it also I cannot believe I am talking about myself!

I just wonder if there were no books, how would I survive!!!!

No comments: