Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I guess I am becoming stronger

I guess I am becoming stronger - emotionally that is.

There was a time I had given up music and dance...and this for a person like me translated to much, because both these arts almost define my life in a certain way..Why i had given them up was becuase of the painful memories they brought on me, considering the kind of associations I am capable of forming with a particular song...but there came a time when one of my very good friends egged me on to listen to those songs that caused the most pain, to create a sense of mundaneness around them and build new memories for them...Was almost impossible to follow this advice but I decided to try it at least...after almost about a year from this incident, today as I was busy making rotis in the kitchen, the sweet melody of one such song reached my ear and I almost turned to reach the Remote,when I decided Lets do this despite being alone here..Let me put this Test of "Managing Memories" without support from anyone else..and I managed to listen to the entire song, make Rotis without a single tear bordering my eye....

I Guess this is a good sign...that either I am hardening to the reality of the emotionless world, or am swimming out of the pool of deep memories..either way I wish it only helps

1 comment:

Pranab Prakash said...

Jaadoo ki jhappi for you :)