Sunday, November 2, 2008

Centre Stage

Saw the movie "Centre stage" today - about Ballet Dance
Till date a movie about dance has never failed to stand a place in my good opinion. The sheer ecstasy,that just watching a dance -even on celluloid packed in a Laptop screen- can bring is unparalleled.The grace of the moves, the poise, the harmony and the almost ethereal delight which the dancers (Actors) displayed was so moving.

And somehow, I was reminded of my first childhood dream- of becoming a dancer/choreographer...may be I still keep it tucked away in that corner of my heart,which has managed to remain unsoiled by the burden of prosaicness and worldliness..and which my "heart-over-head yet middle class" persona would hopefully someday transform into something meaningful: may be opening a dance school - even if not in a teacher's capacity.
I must admit, after watching that movie I could not stop myself from shaking a leg or two...if only this one thing that gives me so much joy could become everything for me..if only I could dance my way through life..if only I could Dance till I die..

and dance alone could become the "Centre Stage" of my life..........

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ditto here. i love all dance movies, musicals and was totally bowled over by centre stage esp the jazz part in between. kept in between a plethora of ever elegant and graceful ballet movements, jazz came across the way wat it actually is...uncoventional and self-defined. i could just rave on about dance and dance forms for ever.
i came upon ur blog while navigating janet's blog and was immensely pleased to find another 'centre stage' admirer (while i already know ur enthusiasm towards dance).

Dips said...

Have you seen that dance movie which has Richard Gere trying ball dance in middle age? I think it was set in New York - beautifully shot with a beautiful story - don't remember the name!

ShelleyS said...

Yup.."Shall we Dance?" It had a good storyline to it..though I somehow thought JLo was a spoiler (thanks to her non acting-Aishwarya types stone face!!)